Date / time
Bill will focus on current hot topics for your compliance checklist, and offer some forward looking thoughts on where the regulators – both UK and EU – will be focussing in the coming months.
- Enforcement update/FCA/CMA priorities – what’s hitting the regulators’ radar screens. FCA/CMA’s current thinking and priorities: guaranteed asset protection, appointed representatives, technology and Big Data
- Cartels and information exchange – from innocent market observations to cartel-type conduct, the slope has never been more slippery. Bill brings us up to date with current enforcement practice
- Lineslips and subscription markets – practical tips for counselling on lineslips and subscription markets, in an uncertain regulatory environment.
- “Wide” and “narrow” most favoured nation clauses, second bites of the cherry – advising on platforms and pricing mechanisms
- Fate of the block exemption – why it’s still important and whether it will survive
No prior competition law knowledge is required. The session should serve as a practical refresher on key industry compliance issues, as well as affording an opportunity to discuss more complex current enforcement trends.