Benefits of membership
BILA exists to proactively support its members in all aspects of their dealings with Insurance Law.
BILA organises a very full and informative events programme qualifying for CPD throughout the year with a considerable discount for members on any paid for events it organises.
Members get a printed copy of the BILA journal worth £50 once it is published.
BILA members also get discounts on orders for various publications published by publishers where an agreement has been negotiated. Further discounts and member benefits are being negotiated all of the time and details will be advised to members on a regular basis.
The subscription shall be such sum as shall be fixed from time to time by the Association in General Meeting. All subscriptions shall become due on joining and thereafter on the first day of March in every year. The present rates of subscription for membership are as follows:
- Individual Members : £100
- Student members : £45
- Corporate Members : £400 up to five nominees and see the Join BILA page for other rates; for additional nominees please contact the Secretariat by email email@example.com or telephone 0844 241 3084
- Academic Institutions: please contact the Secretariat as above
Anyone making application to join BILA between 1 January and 1 March will at the discretion of the Committee not be expected to tender any subscription for the two months of the expiring subscription year.
- The following shall be eligible for membership:
- any person with academic or professional legal qualifications, or engaged in teaching or research in insurance law, who in the opinion of the Committee is sufficiently connected with, or interested in, insurance;
- any person who is a diploma-holder of the Chartered Insurance Institute, the Institute of Actuaries, the Faculty of Actuaries, the British Insurance and Investment Brokers Association or any other such body as the Committee may think fit;
- Insurers, Insurance Associations, Firms of Insurance Brokers, Adjusters, Solicitors and any other corporate body, organisation or partnership which, in the opinion of the Committee, has sufficient connection with or interest in insurance (hereinafter referred to as a ‘Corporate Member’);
- any academic institution and designated current members or affiliates thereof (hereinafter referred to as an ‘Academic Institution’).
- The Committee may also at its discretion admit to membership other persons engaged in insurance of any kind.
- Applications for membership shall be completed online and shall be subject to approval by the Committee. In the case of a Corporate Member, the application shall be in the name of the corporate body, organisation or partnership. In the case of an Academic Institution, the application shall be in the name of the Academic Institution.