Date / time
The Companies Act 2006 introduced for the first time in statutory form a statement of the general duties owed by directors. But the list is not exhaustive.
Mark Arnold QC will address the implications of GHLM Trading v Maroo, a recent case concerned with three such duties.
- The director’s duty to explain what has become of company property in his hands
- The director’s duty to make disclosure
- The director’s duty to take into account the interests of creditors
Glen Davis QC will consider some of the additional obligations and duties which are imposed and recognised when a person is a director of a company regulated under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- The regulatory regime and the FCA Handbook
- Exercising controlled functions
- The duty to cooperate with regulators
- Secretary of State v Aaron
- Montpelier Pension Administration Services
- The use of “skilled persons” reports under s166 FSMA