On Friday 17th July 2015 BILA is pleased to welcome insurance antitrust specialist Bill Batchelor, Baker & McKenzie, Brussels, who will bring us up to date on current issues in competition law and the insurance industry. Bill will focus on current hot topics for your compliance checklist, and offer some forward looking thoughts on where the regulators – both UK and EU – will be focussing in the coming months.
- Enforcement update/FCA/CMA priorities – what’s hitting the regulators’ radar screens. FCA/CMA’s current thinking and priorities: guaranteed asset protection, appointed representatives, technology and Big Data
- Cartels and information exchange – from innocent market observations to cartel-type conduct, the slope has never been more slippery. Bill brings us up to date with current enforcement practice
- Lineslips and subscription markets – practical tips for counselling on lineslips and subscription markets, in an uncertain regulatory environment.
- "Wide" and "narrow" most favoured nation clauses, second bites of the cherry – advising on platforms and pricing mechanisms
- Fate of the block exemption – why it’s still important and whether it will survive
No prior competition law knowledge is required. The session should serve as a practical refresher on key industry compliance issues, as well as affording an opportunity to discuss more complex current enforcement trends.
To register your attendence please go to http://www.bila.org.uk/events/