Chirag Karia QC: Chirag has a broad commercial, shipping, insurance and international trade practice. He appears regularly in the Commercial and Admiralty Courts and in commercial arbitrations and also appears in the Chancery Division.
- The decision of the Commercial Court in The DC Merwestone  2 Lloyd’s Rep. 131.
- The law on fraudulent claims.
- Agapitos v. Agnew (“The Aegeon”) and the fraudulent device doctrine.
- The effect of the post-Agapitos authorities.
- The DC Merwestone Appeal.
- The impact of Article 1 of the First Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights.
- The Law Commission’s Consultations and Proposals.
Location: The Old Library, Lloyd's, Lime Street, London, EC3M 7DQ
Register here: www.bila.org.uk/events