- The following shall be eligible for membership:
- any person with academic or professional legal qualifications, or engaged in teaching or research in insurance law, who in the opinion of the Committee is sufficiently connected with, or interested in, insurance;
- any person who is a diploma-holder of the Chartered Insurance Institute, the Institute of Actuaries, the Faculty of Actuaries, the British Insurance and Investment Brokers Association or any other such body as the Committee may think fit;
- Insurers, Insurance Associations, Firms of Insurance Brokers, Adjusters, Solicitors and any other corporate body, organisation or partnership which, in the opinion of the Committee, has sufficient connection with or interest in insurance (hereinafter referred to as a ‘Corporate Member');
- any academic institution and designated current members or affiliates thereof (hereinafter referred to as an ‘Academic Institution').
- The Committee may also at its discretion admit to membership other persons engaged in insurance of any kind.
- Applications for membership shall be completed online and shall be subject to approval by the Committee. In the case of a Corporate Member, the application shall be in the name of the corporate body, organisation or partnership. In the case of an Academic Institution, the application shall be in the name of the Academic Institution.
The subscription shall be such sum as shall be fixed from time to time by the Association in General Meeting. All subscriptions shall become due on joining and thereafter on the first day of March in every year. The present rates of subscription for membership are as follows:
- Individual Members : £100
- Student members : £45
- Corporate Members : £400 up to five nominees; for additional nominees please contact Secretariat by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0844 241 3084
- Academic Institutions: please contact us
Anyone making application to join BILA between 1 January and 1 March will at the discretion of the Committee not be expected to tender any subscription for the two months of the expiring subscription year.