XV AIDA World Congress in Rio de Janeiro – 11-13 October 2018
Approximately 380 delegates from over thirty countries attended the XV AIDA World Congress held in Rio de Janeiro between 11-13 October 2018.
The materials from the four Congress themes:
i) New Technologies;
ii) Disclosure Duties;
iii) Corporate Governance of Insurers; and
iv) Pollution Insurance
including the answers to the Questionnaires completed by AIDA National Sections and General Reports prepared in response will be made available soon on the AIDA website at: http://www.aida.org.uk/worldcongress
Also, the materials from many of the 11 AIDA International Working Party meetings held on a range of current issues.
Other AIDA news
As reported to the BILA AGM on 29 October 2018 a few other notable matters arose from the meetings at the Congress:
• Prof Robert Merkin (UK) was one of five long-serving AIDA office holders to be awarded an AIDA Medal (after many years’ service as an AIDA Vice President)
• In April 2019 Robert will step up to fill the post of Chair of the AIDA Scientific Council
• AIDA has elected for the very first time (for the years 2018-22) a female President – Peggy Sharon (Israel) – and also a first female Secretary General, Dr Andrea Signorino (Uruguay)
• Tim Hardy (UK) has been elected to the AIDA Executive Committee, assuming the role of Treasurer.
• Dates for the diary: next AIDA Presidential Council Meeting (April 2019, Marrakech); next AIDA Europe Conference (3/4 October 2019, Lisbon); XVI AIDA World Congress (2022, Melbourne)